The trek starting from Sundarijal to Nagarkot and Changunarayan trekking is one of the easiest and trekking and hiking trips within the Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu valley is not only popular for historical monument sightseeing tours also offers the best and easy a day to week longer trekking and hiking holiday activities. Sundarijal is situated 15 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu, from Thamel main tourist's hub. Sundarijal lies within the Shivapuri National Park, established in 2002, the park offers panoramic views of the jagged peaks of the 2nd highest mountain in the Kathmandu Valley, as well as an abundance of pine and oak forest flora, fed by the fertile watershed landscape. Sundarijal is famous for natural watershed and supplies drinking water to the Kathmandu valley.
Sundarijal is famous for its scenic beauty offers magnificent waterfalls, cataracts and rock formations, making it an ideal place for a picnic. Sundarijal trek to Chisapani it takes about 4-5 hours. The first day of our trekking from Sundarijal to Chisapani is quite difficult to ascend the uphill except half an hour we need to descend before to reach the Chisapani (2140m). Sundarijal trek to Chisapani we will cross the Tamang settlements and ridge through the pine, oak and rhododendron forest. Chisapani from where superb views of the Himalayas at sunrise and sunset can be observed and see the panoramic Himalayan scenery including the ranges of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Gaurishanker, Dorje Lakpa, Langtang and Rolwaling.
Chisapani trek to Nagarkot it takes about 6-7 hours. Today we walk through the jungle till Jule then descends to Chauki Bhanjag then continues flat and uphill trail leading toward the Nagarkot. Probably Nagarkot is one of the best sunrise and sunset spot. Sunset view and early sunrise view is the most fascinating and mesmerizing view reflecting rays of the sun to the White Mountains stand in north and east side including Mt Everest in the far distance. The last day of our trek Nagarkot to Changunarayan takes about 3 hours walk. The trek route leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to Changu Narayan Temple, where beautiful views of the village of Sankhu and the Bhaktapur area await. Built-in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma, and said to be the oldest temple in the valley, Changu Narayan is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. Our trek ends in Changu Narayan then same day drive back to Kathmandu.
|Duration of Trip:-
|Trip Starts / Ends:-
|Level of Trekking:-
|Breakfast in Kathmandu/Full board in Trekking
|Accommodation / Room:-
|Hotel/ Tea house
|Private Car / van / bus
|Kathmandu/Shivapuri/ Chisapani/Nagarkot/ Changunarayan
|March to May, September to December
1. Licensed trekking guide
2. Accommodation on normal cottage/guest house during trekking.
3. Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary
4. National park fees
5. Transportation as per the program.
-Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls,drinks-soft or hard, tipping, etc, other than not mentioned in the above program.
- Hiking boots
- Warm Socks
- Trekking trousers and pants
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- waterproof jacket
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Thermal gloves
- Headlamp or head torch with spare bulbs and batteries
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers, Toothbrush/paste, etc)
- Ear Plug (who know some people on group may snore)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hands wash
- Reading book & notebook
- Extra clothes to wear in Kathmandu, when you come back from Trek
Kindly note cancellation policy as follows:
· Any guaranteed reservations with cancellation notice of less than 72 hours’ notice will be subject to a one-night charge. (Hotel booking & Trekking)
· Advance payment should be required for trekking to manage the necessary arrangements.