Kakani Shivapuri trek route is yet another short and diverse trekking trail available in Kathmandu Valley. This is a quiet and more pristine destination ideally suitable for short trekking holiday with family, friends, and children. The trek starts at Kakani reached with a pleasant drive about 25 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu. The Shivapuri trek offers excellent mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gaurishankar, Manaslu and the Annapurna from Suryachaur.
It has a typical Nepali village setting and all the peripherals to reflect the hues of the Nepali village lifestyle. It is a delicate integration between the rural village and modern comforts. Shivapuri Village has been able to project itself as a popular tourist destination. The majestic view of the Himalayas, the golden sunsets and breathtaking tours conducted to the local ethnic village nearby, within the buffer zone and the Park itself are seldom equaled. The food available at Shivapuri Village has Nepalese home cooking essence, which is served by our talented staff in a typical village atmosphere with genuine Nepalese hospitality. Continental cuisines are also served with light snacks around the fireplace. For the time being, two rooms in the village huts and three deluxe rooms are under operation. All the restrooms are up to western standards and convenience. Although Shivapuri Village has not yet been accessible to electrification, it has been a blessing in disguise as the entire premises reminds one of the bygone days. Situated approx. 25 km to the north of Kathmandu city center and at an altitude of 2000m above sea level in the northern slopes of the park, Shivapuri Village has breathtaking views of the majestic Himalayas, the lush greenery of the park forest and a sense of remoteness; even while being so close to the capital. The main objectives and concepts that Shivapuri Village has nurtured up until now is a sustainable tourism industry through quality services, conservation efforts at all levels and fields and to provide a just definition for Eco-Tourism.
Kakani Village Tour includes the spectacular views of snowcapped Majestic Ganesh Himal, The Central Himalaya and the Western Himalaya, Gauri Shankar Himal, Manaslu Himal, Annapurna Himal, Langtang Ranges, Dorje Lakpa and several other peaks. And a breathtaking view of the lower valleys is the tourist attractions of Kakani, as well as a majestic view of Sunset and Sunrise view from Kakani hill Tower, which is another tourist attraction.
|Destination:||Kathmandu, Shivapuri Village, Kakani.|
|Special Interest:||Children Tour, Culture, Environmental Education, Family Travel, Ethnic People, Hiking, History, Lifestyle, Nature Cruises, Photography, Senior Tours, Single Tour, Wild Life, Exploration, Hiking.|
1. Licensed trekking guide
2. Accommodation on normal cottage/guest house during trekking.
3. Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary
4. National park fees
5. Transportation as per the program.
1.-Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls,drinks-soft or hard, tipping, etc, other than not mentioned in the above program.
You are advised to consider the following types of equipment as essentials while packing for the trekking.
- Hiking boots
- Warm Socks
- Trekking trousers and pants
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- waterproof jacket
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Thermal gloves
- Headlamp or head torch with spare bulbs and batteries
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers, Toothbrush/paste, etc)
- Ear Plug (who know some people on group may snore)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hands wash
- Reading book & notebook
- Extra clothes to wear in Kathmandu, when you come back from Trek
Kindly note cancellation policy as follows:
· Any guaranteed reservations with cancellation notice of less than 72 hours’ notice will be subject to a one-night charge. (Hotel booking & Trekking)
· Advance payment should be required for trekking to manage necessary arrangements.